'Our objective is to provide excellent general medical care in the setting of a happy practice which provides fulfillment for patients, doctors and staff.'
To achieve this aim we will strive for the following standards:
- You will be seen immediately in a genuine emergency.
- A same day appointment with a doctor will be offered if your need is urgent.
- Routine pre-bookable appointments with a doctor are also offered
- We will always try to offer you an appointment with your usual doctor to ensure continuity of care.
- Delays on appointments are sometimes unavoidable. When this occurs you will be given an explanation and an opportunity to make an alternative appointment.
- We will provide Home Visits for patients whose illness prevents them attending the surgery. Requests for this service should. be made by 10.30 am whenever possible.
- An out-of-hours service is available for patients in a genuine emergency. Telephone 01529 303301 (option 9). Please do not use this service for routine advisory services.
- Authorised requests for repeat prescriptions will be issued within 48 hours. Telephone 01529 414766 (10.00 am – 12 noon) or Fax 01529 415401 for this service.
- Our practice Complaints Procedure is available online and at Reception.
- Patients will be treated confidentially and with dignity and courtesy.
- You have the right to see your written medical records and all your computerised records providing adequate written notice is given. In some cases a fee may be necessary.
- We will keep you informed of the services we offer by way of our practice Leaflet, notices in the surgery and via our website.
- We welcome any constructive comment you may have to help improve the quality of service we offer, please see ‘Have your say’ on the website.
We cannot fulfill our promises to you without your help and co-operation. To help us to help you….
- Telephone the Out-of-Hours Emergency number only in a genuine emergency.
- Request Home Visits ONLY for the housebound or seriously ill. When you require this service, please call before 10:30 whenever possible.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, please give adequate notice of cancellation. Someone else will benefit.
- Do remember your appointment is for one person only
- Be punctual for your appointment
- Vacate the car park after your appointment and consider others
- Only park in the disabled slots if it is appropriate
- Avoid calling in or telephoning for routine results until after 3.00pm whenever possible.
- Inform the practice of change of address or telephone numbers.
Please treat our staff with the level of courtesy you would expect from them.
We have a zero tolerance policy towards violence and aggression towards members of staff.