'Our objective is to provide excellent general medical care in the setting of a happy practice which provides fulfilment for patients, doctors and staff.'
To achieve this aim we will strive for the following standards:
- You will be seen immediately in a genuine emergency.
- A same day appointment with a doctor will be offered if your need is urgent.
- Routine pre-bookable appointments with a doctor are also offered.
- We will always try to offer you an appointment with your usual doctor to ensure continuity of care.
- Delays on appointments are sometimes unavoidable. When this occurs you will be given an explanation and an opportunity to make an alternative appointment.
- We will provide Home Visits for patients whose illness prevents them attending the surgery. Requests for this service should be made by 10.30 am whenever possible.
- An out-of-hours service is available for patients in a genuine emergency. Telephone 01529 303301 for Emergency Service. Please do not use this service for routine advisory services.
- Authorised requests for repeat prescriptions will be issued within 48 hours. Telephone 01529 414766 (10.00 am – 12 noon) or Fax 01529 415401 for this service.
- Our practice Complaints Procedure is available on request.
- Patients will be treated confidentially and with dignity and courtesy.
- You have the right to see your written medical records and all your computerised records providing adequate written notice is given. In some cases a fee may be necessary.
- We will keep you informed of the services we offer by way of our practice Leaflet and notices in the surgery.
- We welcome any constructive comment you may have to help improve the quality of service we offer.
We cannot fulfil our promises to you without your help and co-operation. To help us to help you….
- Telephone the Out-of-Hours Emergency number only in a genuine emergency.
- Request Home Visits ONLY for the housebound or seriously ill. When you require this service, please call before 10:30 whenever possible.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, please give adequate notice of cancellation. Someone else will benefit.
- Do remember your appointment is for one person only
- Be punctual for your appointment
- Vacate the car park after your appointment and consider others
- Only park in the disabled slots if it is appropriate
- Avoid calling in or telephoning for routine results until after 3.00pm whenever possible.
- Inform the practice of change of address or telephone numbers.
Please treat our staff with the level of courtesy you would expect from them.