Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations the practice offers a comprehensive range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Antenatal Clinic - run on Mondays and Fridays within surgery hours by appointment only.
- Asthma Clinics - dedicated nurse run clinics take place weekly by appointment. Asthma reviews can be arranged at any time, by appointment.
- Diabetes & Hypertension Clinics - regular review of diabetes and hypertension (high blood pressure) leads to improved control and a reduction in complications. These clinics are run by a nurse or doctor, with a full examination every 12 months and control checks 6 monthly.
- Cervical Smears - cervical smears are routinely performed by the practice nurses at any mutually convenient time during surgery hours by appointment.
- Child Health Surveillance - routine examinations of children are carried out at 8 weeks, 9 months and 40 months. Eligible children will automatically receive appointments at each age.
- INR Monitoring Clinics - for patients prescribed Warfarin for various medical conditions.
- Health Promotion Clinics - patients between 40-74 who have not had a blood pressure check in the last 5 years will be offered an appointment for an NHS Health Check.
- New Patient Health Checks - all new patients are encouraged to have this health check, usually performed by a practice nurse. It enables us to advise you on the appropriate use of our medical services and also screens for common disorders such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Travel Clinic - for all your immunisation and health advice when travelling abroad please collect a travel assessment form from reception and make an appointment with our practice nurse allowing 6 – 8 weeks notice. We are also a Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre.
- Minor Injury Clinic - we provide an all day (weekday) minor injury clinic for acute injuries. You will be assessed on arrival and your injury will be treated by a trained nurse or doctor if appropriate. In some cases we may need to refer you on to the nearest Accident & Emergency unit.
The Practice unfortunately does not offer dental services and should not be used as a substitute for going to the dentist. We hope the following information is useful in helping you find an appropriate service.
- You can visit www.nhs.uk/dentists to find a comprehensive list of all NHS funded dentists in your area.
- You can call the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0845 602 4384 if you need to speak to someone to advise you of the best course of action.
- Healthwatch Lincolnshire can be contacted on 01205 820892.
- There is also the out-of-hours and non-life threatening advice line 111 you can call, who will be able to direct you towards an appropriate service, if you require urgent dental care.